Do you want to learn how to prevent and manage problems in the water? The PADI Rescue Diver Course in Gili Trawangan helps you to be become more confident in diving knowing that you can help other if needed. It sharpens your senses how to recognize and react to serious situations underwater and how to solve problems.
Learning how to be a better buddy as a Rescue Diver will give you a lot of recognition in the diver community.
The PADI Rescue Diver course is a lot of fun even if you train for serious situations. It makes the PADI Rescue Diver to one of the most challenging but also most rewarding diver courses.
You need to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) within the previous 24 months. You can complete this training with DSM Dive during your Rescue Diver Course. You can also learn with DSM Dive how to become a PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider.
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills.
The theoretical part of the PADI Rescue Diver Course takes place in our DSM Dive Center on Gili Trawangan or Lombok. The practical part of your PADI Rescue Diver will be in our pool in Gili Trawangan and in the open water around the Gili islands. Departure with the boat to the divesites of the Gili Islands is at our dive school DSM Dive in Gili Trawangan.
What will you learn?
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
Planning (5 days around 6h per day):
- Day 1 - 5:
- Theory and Rescue Scenarios in Confined and Open Water
- Certified Advanced Open Water Diver (no matter which dive organization)
- EFR Course within the previous 24 months (or do it directly with DSM Dive)
- At least 12 years old
- Be in good health (please consult a doctor and check the medical form)
- Adequate swimming skills
- Please send us an email, call us or drop by at DSM Dive to make your reservation at least 48 h in advance
How to continue?
Become Go pro. With the PADI Rescue Diver Course you took already a step in becoming a responsible diver and towards "go pro". Continue your education with the PADI Divemaster Internship Program, your step into becoming PADI dive professional.