The PADI Scuba Diver course is a part of the PADI Open Water Diver course and designed for those who are short short on time but really want to become a diver. With the PADI Scuba Diver you will be able to go scuba diving primarily with a dive guide. This course is an intermediate step for earning an Open Water Diver certification, if that’s your ultimate goal.
As a PADI Scuba Diver you are qualified to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional until maximum 12 meters deep. After you can complete with your PADI Open Water Diver Certification and take some specialty diver courses.
During your PADI Scuba Diver Course you will learn how to use basic scuba gear, to breath underwater, to keep buoyancy, what is happening physically to you while diving and about your new environment. The knowledge development will give you an overview of the theoretical part of diving and what you have to consider.
The theoretical part of your PADI Scuba Diver Course takes place on Lombok or Gili Trawangan in the classrooms of our DSM Dive Shops depending on whether your hotel is in Lombok or on Gili Trawangan. For the practical part of your PADI Suba Diver Course we dive around the Gili islands, known for their beginner friendly environment. Departure with the boat to the divesites is at our dive school DSM Dive in Gili Trawangan.
What will you learn?
- Knowledge Development to understand basic principles of scuba diving: First three of the five sessions of the Open Water Course
- Confined Water Dive to learn basic scuba skills (1 dive): First three of the five sessions of the Open Water Course
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore (2 dives)
Example planning (2 days around 6h per day):
- Day 1 Morning:
- Theory and Knowledge Review
- Day 1 Afternoon:
- Confined Water Session 1-3
- Day 2 Morning:
- Open Water 1, max 12 m
- Day 2 Afternoon:
- Open Water 2, max 12 m
- Day 2 Afternoon:
- Final Exam & Certification
- 24 h rest before the flight
- At least 10 years old
- Be in good health (please consult a doctor and check the medical form)
- Adequate swimming skills
- Please send us an email, call us or drop by at DSM Dive to make your reservation at least 24 h in advance
How to continue?
Continue with the PADI Open Water Course after your Scuba Diver Course and you can dive all around the world until 18 m deep. The Open Water Course allows you to go diving independently together with a certified buddy.